Frequently Asked Questions
What are your hours?
Tuesday - Saturday: 10am - 6pm
Sunday - Monday: closed
How old do I have to be to get a tattoo?
18 years old.
No exceptions; not even with parental consent.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, debit, Mastercard, Visa, Apple Pay, and American Express.
For deposits, you also have the option of e-transferring.
How do I book an appointment?
You can e-mail, call,
Facebook message us, or easily fill out one of the booking forms located on the
artist pages, as well as our
Things to include in your inquiry if you are e-mailing:
- attach any photo references you have
- approx. how big you would like the tattoo (ex: 6 inches x 5 inches)
- where it will go on your body (ex: left forearm, right calf, right bicep, sternum, etc)
- what style you are wanting (ex: black and grey, traditional, watercolour, realism, etc.)
- if you have a preferred artist
TATTOO: We require a non-refundable $100 deposit at the time of booking to secure your spot. This will get deducted from your total tattoo cost when you come in.
What are your tattoo rates?
Paige - $180/hour
Brianne - $150/hour
Kyle - $100/hour
Do you accept walk-ins?
If we are not fully booked, yes! You can also call us at (250) 868-8818 to check the day of.
** Due to COVID-19, we are NOT allowing walk-ins at this time. **
How much is the deposit?
We require a non-refundable $100 deposit at the time of booking to secure your spot. This will get deducted from your total tattoo cost when you come in.
Why do I need to put down a deposit?
A non-refundable deposit must be put down in order to book your appointment. When you book an appointment, a select number of hours is reserved just for you. If you choose to cancel, no-show, or let us know less than 72 hours prior to your appointment, your artist will now have a portion of their day taken away from them, and thus loses their pay for that part of the day. Your non-refundable deposit will go directly to them.
Is my deposit refundable?
No, your deposit is non-refundable. A non-refundable deposit must be put down in order to book your appointment. When you book an appointment, a select number of hours is reserved just for you. If you choose to cancel, no-show, or let us know less than 72 hours prior to your appointment, your artist will now have a portion of their day taken away from them, and thus loses their pay for that part of the day. Your non-refundable deposit will go directly to them.
How much is the consultation?
They are 100% free! They can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes.
What is your cancellation policy?
You have 72 hours prior to your appointment to move your spot to a later date to keep your deposit valid.
If you choose to completely cancel, your deposit is non-refundable.
If you tell us less than 72 hours prior to your appointment, your deposit will be forfeited and you will be required to put down another deposit if you want to re-book.
How do I pick an artist?
It depends on your tattoo. You can feel free to e-mail us reference photos, and we can assign the best fit artist for you. Otherwise, these are the styles each artist specializes in:
Paige: realism, colour, watercolour, portraits, traditional, neo-traditional, black and grey
Brianne: neo-traditional, Japanese, blackwork
Kyle: to be filled
Do you tattoo hands and/or fingers?
We do not tattoo hands unless you already have existing tattoos on your:
- throat or sides of neck (back of the neck does not count)
We will require a (free) consult with Paige for proof of existing tattoos before agreeing to an appointment. However, we do not tattoo fingers at all.
Why we do not tattoo hands: We unfortunately live in a world where tattoos can still be judged negatively. Our artists do not want to be responsible for permanently changing how others may treat you with such visible tattoos that are not easy to cover.
Why we do not tattoo fingers: They fade very quickly. We don't even mean in a couple of years either. It could be two months later and the ink could completely fall out. Here are some examples of how finger tattoos heal:
Do you tattoo feet?
Yes. You will have to fill out an extra waiver during your appointment that states that you understand:
- feet tattoos do not always heal properly.
- the colour and/or linework may fall out or fade more (and quicker) than other tattoos
- our free touch ups do not apply to feet. You will have to pay the regular tattoo rate for a touch up.
- the artist is not responsible for any fading or problems in the healing process.
Do tattoos hurt?
Generally yes, but some spots may hurt more than others.
When is the best time to get a tattoo?
Any time is the best time!
If you were to a pick a season, winter is best. Your tattoo typically won't get sun exposure, and you aren't likely to go swimming in the winter!
When should I not get a tattoo?
While pregnant, and/or if your job requires you to be in water. For example, if you are a swim instructor or lifeguard, we do not recommend getting a tattoo unless you will be out of work for two weeks following your tattoo due to the healing process.
Can I get a tattoo while breastfeeding?
The choice is up to you. With any tattoo, there is a risk of infection. If your tattoo happens to get infected, and you are placed on antibiotics; you would have to stop breastfeeding.
If you are comfortable with the idea of potentially not breastfeeding any longer, then that is completely your choice and we will tattoo you.
Can I bring my pet(s) to my appointment? I can't get a sitter!
Unfortunately, no. It is a bio-hazard for pets to be in the shop.
Please leave all pets, including hamsters (yes, this has happened before), at home.
Can I bring my children to my appointment?
Unfortunately, no. It is a bio-hazard for children to be walking around aimlessly touching stations, or left alone in the receiption area.
If I bring in a photo of a tattoo I found on the internet, can I get the exact same one tattooed?
Our artists will NOT copy another artists' work. However, they will gladly design a custom tattoo just for you. We think this is cooler anyway; you'll have your own unique tattoo that no one else has! You can definitely still bring in reference photos of tattoos you like from the Internet/Instagram/Pinterest to give your artist ideas.
Exceptions: logos, flags, cartoon/movie/tv characters, and symbols.
Can I get my own/family/friend's drawing tattooed exactly as it is on me?
If you let our artist know, we have no problem doing that for you! You can also ask them to add some flare to it if you'd like.
If we do need to make a change, it will be for healing purposes. (Such as a loop that may be too small to tattoo)
Do you have any tattoos up for grabs?
Yes! We have flash pieces hung up on the wall in the studio! Come on by and check them out!
Do you do tattoo removals?
Do you tattoo cover-ups
Yes! Paige is our master of cover-ups!
E-mail us with a photo of your existing tattoo and what you'd like instead.
We require a (free) consultation before booking any cover-up appointments to ensure Paige can cover the tattoo.
Do you offer touch-ups?
Yes! We offer one free touch up within one year of your tattoo appointment. If you find that any lines have fallen out or faded a bit, just e-mail or call us to book in! You will not have to pay set up fees, taxes, or anything-- it'll be 100% free!
However, we do not offer a free touch up if pigment was lost due to you scratching your tattoo or taking poor care of it during the healing process. Trust us, we can tell the difference!
If your tattoo is on your hands/feet, we do not offer free touch ups for them.
Do you sell after-care?
Yes! We sell a variety of the best after-care products! There is even a lotion that makes your tattoos not itch during the healing process! Come to the shop and we'll help pick out the best products for you.
Is your ink vegan + cruelty-free?
Absolutely! We love animals! (Just don't bring them to your appointment)
Is there anything I should do before getting my tattoo?
Make sure you have a good meal-- especially if you are getting a big piece!
If you do not eat before a large piece, you may be at risk for passing out.
What are your aftercare instructions?
1. Your artist will apply antibiotic ointment to your fresh tattoo, followed by the Tegaderm bandage.
2. You will keep the Tegaderm on for 4 days. While the Tegaderm is on, you have nothing to worry about. You completely leave it alone and allow it to heal. You can shower while it's on, just avoid soaking it as this can cause the adhesive to break down and fall off. It is totally normal for there to be a small amount of blood, plasma and ink that collects under the bandage.
3. If you find there to be a substantial amount of liquid under the bandage, DO NOT REMOVE IT! Pull the bandage away from the skin somewhere on the tattoo and poke a small hole in it to drain it. We don't want a lot of fluid on the fresh tattoo because this can lead to colour loss from over-moisturization.
4. After the 4 days, you can remove the bandage. If you do so in the shower, the warm water will help release the adhesive and make it a bit less annoying to take off.
5. Once the bandage is off, make sure to clean the tattoo with your un-scented soap and allow it to air dry for about an hour.
6. After the tattoo has dried, apply some H2Ocean Care Lotion or any un-scented lotion as often as you feel necessary.
7. If the tattoo is feeling tight, sore, or itchy, apply a small amount of lotion as well as often as you feel necessary for the following 4-7 days, or until it no longer looks dry/flakey.
8. Wash your tattoo regularly with your un-scented soap as well. Avoid irritating the fresh tattoo, no scratching or rubbing with anything abrasive as this can cause an infection!
Are you tattooing during the COVID-19 pandemic?
*in depth answer will go here*